Microsoft Outlook 2002/2003
To configure Outlook Express to send and receive email using our servers using IMAP and SMTP over SSL/TLS, please follow the steps below. Please replace:
Please replace the values with your current values
- email@example.com with your email address
- example.com with your domain name
- your_server.com with your server's host name (you can find your server's host name listed in the upper left corner of your Control Panel)
- Open Outlook Express.
- Choose "Tools" -> "E-mail Accounts".
- Choose "Add a new e-mail account".
- Select "IMAP" for server type.
Click on the "Next" button.
In the "Your name" field you should enter the name which you would like to appear on the messages you send.
You need to enter your e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org in the E-mail Address field.
For incoming and outgoing mail servers you should use mail.your_server.com
You should use email@example.com for username. In the "Password" field you need to enter the current password for this particular mailbox.
Leave the "Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)" option unchecked.Click on "More Settings ...".
Click on the "Outgoing Server" tab.
Mark the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" option.
Click on the "Advanced" tab.
"This server requires an SSL-secured connection (SSL)" options under "Incoming server (IMAP)" and "Outgoing server (SMTP)" need to be checked.
Set the "Outgoing server (SMTP)" port to 587.
Enter the following value in the "Root folder path" text field: INBOX
Be sure to type it in capital letters.
Click on "Ok".
- Click on "Next". and Click on Finish